I stumbled upon a pretty great site recently when I googled ‘hipster toddler’ after I became concerned that I was raising a ‘b-ipster’ (baby hipster)….
Signs that prompted me to question whether I was raising a ‘b-ipster’:
1. Child has epic meltdown because he wants his fedora (and not his newsboy hat nor his baseball cap, god forbid)
2. Child can’t string a sentence together yet enjoys both drawing tattoos on himself as well as the application of fake tattoos however only if they are ‘gulls’ (skulls) or basketballs, and only if said tattoos are applied en masse all over his legs/arms.
3. Child’s favourite colour is black…(but which he, for some bizarre reason, insists on calling ‘lellow’)
4. Child has already mastered (at the tender age of 22 months) the art of giving an ironic stare coupled with a smirk.
5. Child dislikes authority.
Anyhoo….my overall thoughts after checking out the Hipster Toddler tumblr is that while no, H is not a ‘b-ipster’, he definitely has a unique little character and personality that seem to be coming out more and more each day. He definitely keeps the laughs going on strong with his silly antics and his funny sense of style.